Ensure You Receive All ASPPH Email Communications
Tips to Successful Email Delivery
Follow these steps to avoid an endless search for our emails later:
- Add the following email addresses to your email contact list
- Add our emails to your “allow list” (scroll for instructions on how to do this).
Reasons you may not be receiving our communications:
- A delay in your email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) processing the email and getting into your inbox.
- Your email client and/or organization’s security parameters are set as such that the email could be held in quarantine.
- The email was sent to your spam/junk folder.
- Check your “Other” mailbox
- Follow these tips to move messages from Other to Focused.
- Check your spam/junk folder within your email client. If you find the email you’re looking for, then select a Not Spam or Allow option.
- If this was the problem, we still recommend updating your Junk Email settings to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.
- Update your Junk Email settings to add ASPPH communications to your “allow list.”
How to add emails to your “allow list” by email client:
Below are the three main email clients used by ASPPH audiences. Visit this page for information on how to add our emails to your “allow list” using another email client.
- Select Mail > Preferences > Rules > Add Rule. Type a name in Description field, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, to identify the new rule.
- Make sure the criteria reads If any of the following conditions are met and that the From field is followed by Ends with.
- Enter the domain name you want to allow in the field next to the Ends with field. Add an @ sign before the domain name to make the filter specific. For example, to allow all mail from aspph.org, type “@aspph.org” into the field.
- Click the plus sign next to the last condition to add another domain with the same criteria if you want to allow several domains.
- In the Perform the following actions section set the three fields to Move Message, to the mailbox, and Inbox or a different target folder.
- Click OK to save the rule.
- Close the Rules window.
- Select Settings > Options > Junk Email > Safe Senders. In the box, enter the email addresses or domains (aspph.org, thisispublichealth.org, deltaomega.org, nbphe.org) that you want to allow, and select the Add button. Click save, you’re all set.
- Login to Gmail, click on the gear icon and select Settings > Filters and blocked addresses > Create a new filter. Add the email address that you want to allow to the From field. Check the Never send to spam box and click Create Filter.
- To allow more than one email address, simply add each email address separated by the pipe symbol. For example: “email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Above, we allowed a single email address. It’s also possible to allow all emails from a domain. By adding @aspph.org to the From field instead of email@example.com, you can allow every email address belonging to aspph.org.
If these tips do not solve the problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.